View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny McBrutal

re: Welcome new Arma Warriors

I think each of us who have logged on for the past couple of weeks can already recount a story of an epic time or two they have had since we started hosting our own Arma server.

We have tested the waters on every angle battling hackers, spawn trolls, crazy missions and finding other friendly players through all that muck. Each of our new sign ups are either friends of the server or wanting to join our clan officially. We all believe you can blow shit up all the way to the level of a nuke and not needing to cheat to do it. I understand the open modding features of the game. I think each of us do. We still choose to play the game for what it was meant for and it's pretty damn exciting.

I really wasn't planning on getting into serious hosting, but after seeing all that you can do with this game. I knew this was something I've been looking for a long time. This brings a few questions to mind. WWIII has been since the start a free to play MMO oriented clan. Why now Arma?

Our clan has been looking for something else exciting since many of us lost interest in Start Trek Online. It was a great game, but you can only run STF's with over powered ships for so long before you need something else.

We tried many different games from Star Wars to Fallen Earth. Each of them seemed to lack all the elements we love in a game. If Arma was in space I probably would never log off, eventually someone would need to scrape me off my chair because my over gamed carcass would have to be disposed of quickly. For now, I will be satisfied with Arma 2 and hope to eventually move on to Arma 3. It's still pricey for my budget, but I'm saving.

I know many of us plan to get Arma 3 or the paid Arma 2 collection if you don't already own it. It's a given that our server will be going the same direction. Imagine what 28 Days Later must be like with all the toys of Operation Arrowhead running.

The future for Weekend-Warriors...

We are going to be keeping our model of being a choice multi gaming community. We will keep our game list small so we don't spread ourselves thin. Each of us have lives and are still dedicated gamers and keeping to a couple of games allows us to manage. We hope to put two servers online with dedicated hosting. Arma will be one obviously and the other will be Minecraft. Not all Warriors are war mongers. We all do love to role play and blow shit up. That will be common on both servers. Many of us are tired of the "pay to look cool" games. We just want to build and shoot. Both of these games will handle just that. If we are bored after this, it's because we ran out of ideas to warp the Sandbox more. I don't see that happening anytime soon with the variety of friends assembling here.

Once again I want to welcome all our new people to Weekend-Warriors. It's amazing how many new sign-ups there were in just a couple of weeks. In my next post I will be addressing what's in it for official Warriors who join. I will be talking about role playing, training, awards, honors and more. For now please watch the two videos below. I think both help a great deal on two major issues on our server. Teamwork and crashing helicopters only minutes into the game.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Weekend-Warriors Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: